Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Boom!

I almost lost it today.

So I was up for an interview at 7PM, and I was there at 640. I texted my contact saying that I was there already. She didn't even look outside to check up on me, if everything was alright. So I was standing there outside their office, looking pretty much like a fool. 7PM passed and still no one was asking for me. I really hate it when people make me wait, unless of course they have a really valid excuse. It was 730, and I was determined to leave at 740, so that I could say that I waited for an hour for nothing. I wasn't able to go inside their office because they have this biometric system (yeah, they like, swipe their finger so that they could get inside), and when I peeked inside, it seems that there's no one in the reception area. There WAS a doorbell that I didn't see right away, but still, the HR officer should've checked up on me.

When I was about to leave, a man walked out of their office, seemingly on his way home. Then he sees me and asks, "Are you an applicant?" I almost said, "Are you fucking crazy? I've been here for an hour waiting on you, and you were about to leave!" Now it's either he forgot that he was meeting me, or the HR officer I was talking to didn't tell that man that there is another applicant. Either way, it's their company's fault.

But I really needed the job. My resources are running low, so I kept my cool, swallowed my pride, and said yes. Turns out, he was the one interviewing me.

Well the interview went well. It wasn't as technical as I expected it to be. It was pretty much the same when the HR officer interviewed me on the phone. And it seemed like we were on the same page, so I'm really hoping for another call from them.

Anyway, I just wanted to write about it since I can't find someone right now to talk about it to. This is my therapy.

1 comment:

forg/jecoup said...

gabing interview ah, hindi pa naman ako nakaranas ng ganyan, although naranasan ko na pahintayin for almost 2 hours hehe