Monday, June 29, 2009

Brothers & Sisters

Brothers & Sisters is a TV series by ABC which premiered on 2006. It is about the Walker family, and how they cope with the problems that come their way.

What I like most about this series is how diverse the characters are. You might think that coming from the same family, they probably are the same; their values, their personalities. But they are totally different from one another, and none of them is perfect. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, which makes them very likable for me. I don't really like shows where a character is portrayed as this perfect, goody-two-shoes that doesn't commit mistakes and all that. I like B&S because it portrays the characters as they are: human.

It also evokes a lot of emotions. One minute you're laughing, the next, you wanna throw the remote control at the TV because of Holly! For me, a movie or a song or a TV show is good if it makes you feel all possible humanly (?) feelings.

Season 3 finished last May 10, 2009. It is renewed for another season, which will start (hopefully) on September 2009. You still have time to catch up :) It's so easy to watch, I was able to marathon season 1 in like 2 or 3 days :)

I have to warn you though, there are times that the episode is so heartwrenching. I counted the number of times that I shed a tear or cried my heart out, I think it's around 8 or 9 for season 1 (23 episodes). That's a lot, I think.

Anyway, I really really recommend this show. I'll probably do a more in-depth review of the series and the characters, but for now, this is it, and I hope this is enough to entice you ;)

3 comments:

forg/jecoup said...

I hate Ryan! haha

Albert, Now! said...

Wag kang spoiler! Wala pa ko dun =)) =))

forg/jecoup said...

haha wala ka pa ba anyway wala naman ako binigay na spoiler haha