Thursday, July 9, 2009

Glee

So my promise of writing an entry every day got broken. Haha. I knew this moment would come, I just didn't expect it to be this soon. Anyway, I will try again to write at least every other day.

So what's in store for us today? Only my favorite musical show, Glee!

So what is Glee? Glee, according to Mr. Webster, "is about opening yourself up to joy." That's actually a line from the first episode. Haha.

Glee is about a school's resurrection of the glee club, spearheaded by their Spanish-teacher-turned-glee-club-advisor Mr. Will Schuester, who, as it turns out, was a member of the school's glee club back in the 90s, during which the club was at it's peak, golden age you might say. When the glee club advisor was replaced, it went downhill from there, until the replacement was fired because of an incident I won't say (lol), which brings us back to the first sentence.

And I'm gonna stop there because I'd end up spoiling the whole thing for you! Unfortunately, there's only one episode of it so far. This was a promotional episode aired last March I think? The whole series will start on September 2009.

What I like about Glee is it's not that type of musical wherein out of nowhere, people just sing and dance. Well, I don't know if it will be like that on the next episodes, and honestly, I wouldn't mind, because I love this show so much just from the first episode. You can probably say that it's a modern version of classic musicals.

The characters are very likeable too. I really like Rachel's character. At first I hated her, she had this attitude that I really don't like. But then people started getting mean to her, and my heart just went out to her. Haha I know it sounds corny, but that's what happened. Plus she has an amazing voice! Quinn Fabray, oh how I love her! I always love the antagonists. Hahaha! Can't wait to see how her character turns out in future episodes.

Glee has the right amount of humor, right amount of drama, and an insane amount of music that you just can't stop loving! The cast's version of Don't Stop Believing is superb! I listened to it for days after I saw/heard it from the show.

Here are some of my favorite/funny lines from the first episode:

"Is she gonna diva out after every rehearsal?" - Kurt (Chris Colfer)

"Nowadays, being anonymous is worse than being poor." - Rachel (Lea Michele)

"Getting ready for the tranny prom Rachel?" - Quinn (Dianna Agron)

Those are just a few of my favorites, and it's only the first episode! So it'll be veryyyyyy easy for you guys to catch up! You can watch the pilot episode here. Unfortunately, that link is only available for viewers in the US. But anyway, there's always YouTube :)

You can learn more about Glee here and here.

Plus you can follow the Glee cast on Twitter!

Dianna Agron aka Quinn Fabray
Kurt Hummel aka Chris Colfer
Kevin McHale aka Artie Abrams
Amber Riley aka Mercedes Jones
Jenna Ushkowitz aka Tina Cohen-Chang
Cory Monteith aka Finn Hudson
Lea Michele aka Rachel Berry

They tweet a lot, especially Cory, Amber, Kevin and Jenna. Cory posts a lot of pics too! They're a fun bunch to look at :)

Go go watch Glee!

No comments: