Saturday, July 4, 2009

Marciano's

I went out with two of my highschool friends today, we ate at Marciano's and played at Timezone, and since it was my first time in Marciano's, I'll do a mini review of it.

On first glance, you can see right away that it's not an ordinary restaurant, in it's simplest sense (does that make sense? lol) Anyway, the ambiance of the resto is really nice! It claims to be a "new age Italian-American" restaurant, and from the menu, I can see mostly the Italian part of things.

It's kinda pricey though. We ordered 4 different dishes, and totaled to P1,200 so it averaged at P300 per dish. Here's what we ordered:

Mushroom something risotto - I didn't really like this one. It's like baby food cooked badly. I was kinda disappointed a bit because I like mushrooms.

Sampler something bruschetta - 4 slices of french bread, each with a different topping. This is kinda nice, by the looks and taste of it, but in my opinion, it's sooooo expensive for what it really is, bread with toppings.

Meatlovers something pizza - 8 slices, rectangular pizza (4x2, lol how technical of me) with pepperoni, salami, beef (?) and others. Haha I'm sorry, I don't really remember what different types of meat were there, but it was good and I think it's one of the dishes there that's worth it's price.

Garlic something pasta - oil-based, this was good as well (if you're in to oil-based pastas, or if you're the adventurous type).

So overall, if you're the trying-out-something-new kind of person, and if budget permits, you should try this one! There're other dishes that I haven't tried so it's really too early for me to judge. You can say that this is a pre-mature review of the resto.

BTW, the Marciano's we went to is in Greenbelt (somewhere there, lol). After researching on the internet about it, I found out that it's owned by Marvin Agustin. Haha. Oh well.

No comments: