Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Saw HP6 last Thursday with high school friends. Turned out to be a good mini reunion, and an awesome movie!

I was planning on reading again the 6th book before watching the movie because I've forgotten some (if not most, lol) of the details. All I could remember was the death of Dumbledore. Turns out, it's a good thing I wasn't able to read it, because my other friend (friend A) was disappointed, and my other friend (friend B) was fuming because friend A kept on talking to friend B about the differences between the book and the movie. Haha.

Anyway, 5 movies have been made, and they all differed from the book somehow, so it wasn't really a surprise for me that there were differences and cuts. We just have to make do with what we are given :) And I still think it's an awesome interpretation of the book.

The cinematography was awesome, we all agreed to that. The shots were just amaziiiiiiing. Harry, Hermione and Ron have really grown, physically and emotionally. It was nice to see them having relationship problems for a change. I really felt for Hermione. She's a great actress too.

I'm really glad that I'm part of the Harry Potter world. It's one of the greatest novels/movies of our time. I wouldn't recommend watching HP6 for the casual watcher. It's imperative that you've seen the first 5 movies so you wouldn't have questions in your mind while watching. Plus it's fun to see them grow up. Haha.